10. Strategy of running out the clock while trailing by 7 proves ineffective
College Bowl season is over now, and though it's difficult for us to imagine how anyone could have missed a minute of the action -- especially during the San Diego Country Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl -- we have recapped for you our 10 favorite moments of thrilling victory and embarrassing defeat (heavy on the embarrassing defeat).
9. Three people catch the same pass in the same play - Like women fighting over the bouquet toss, it's all about concentration, agility and whether the replay officials determine if it hit the ground before the catch was made.
8. West Virginia player celebrates 99-yard fumble return by committing a felony assault - In fairness to West Virginia's defensive back and soon-to-be convicted felon Darwin Cook, the Orange Bowl mascot does seem to be enjoying the beating--just look at that smile.
7. Virginia Tech running back runs 22 yards in the wrong direction - Michigan's running backs wish they could put up the kind of rushing yards Virginia Tech's David Wilson does -- for Michigan.
6. Montee Ball gets montee'd in the balls while trying to jump over player - Too bad YouTube doesn't pay people for nut-shot videos like America's Funniest Home videos used to do. Also, too bad this hit was probably more painful than child birth.
5. Michigan kicker reveals perverted secret to kicking field goals - We're not sure if this trick helps Gibbons because thinking of brunettes calms him down or if it's because the way he practices kicking field goals is by lining up brunettes with their arms above their heads while he boots footballs at them. Either way though, pretty clutch.
4. Hail Mary play actually works - Perhaps the only thing more unlikely than throwing a Hail Mary that actually works is saying a Hail Mary that actually works. And it's a wonder if you aren't stoned to death for even thinking the words "Hail Mary" in the overwhelmingly Protestant, gator-wrastlin', cousin-bangin' site of this bowl game: Florida.
3. Stanford player pads his defensive stats by flattening his own player - Not sure tackling your own teammate is a great game strategy. But then again neither is losing, which Stanford did in this game, so obviously they need to rethink a few things before next season.
2. Wofford player forgets how to play football, unfortunately while playing football - Congratulations to Wofford University on this being the thing that made people realize there was a Wofford University.
1. Wisconsin football assistant grabs himself something to eat from the concession stand in his nose - This is inevitably what happens when you ban chewing tobacco from the playing field.